France is chosen by many Expats, international and remote workers as their new home but when looking to invest they sometimes face limited options. Here, at Harrison Brook, our main objective is to assist our clients in their cross-border investment so they can make the most of their money. Since our creation in 2013, we have developed a range of products and services, combining technology, full transparency and knowledge, to find the best ways to help our clients live the life they choose.
How Do We Achieve This?
- No upfront or backend charges on investments – only ‘clean’ class funds
- No commission or hidden fees
- Detailed risk profiling to understand your financial priorities and risk appetite
- Standardised risk-graded model portfolios, assessed and adjusted as required
- Using a combination of ‘passive’ and ‘active’ investments, with a focus on keeping fund costs low
- Utilising UK FCA regulated solutions that are available globally
What does Harrison Brook invest in?
- Exchange Traded Funds, such as Vanguard, BlackRock iShares, etc.
- Mutual funds
- Bank deposits
- Discretionary Fund Managers (DFMs)
What does it mean for expat and international investors based in France?
We believe that any clients should fully understand the philosophy that shapes the investment they are in and make sure that this is in line with their attitude to risk. This is something that will be discussed between you and your Harrison Brook financial advisor. hands in hands we will be creating a targeted and clear personalised investment plan, we will develop an understanding of the relationship between cost and the potential return and value of your investment as well keeping a good diversification of assets in order to have too much risk exposure.
The core of our model portfolios is built up with a ‘passive’ investment strategy. That means we don’t try and beat the market by moving or selling investments on a regular basis. We choose well known, high quality, low-cost funds to build a risk-graded portfolio. This is then tracked and assessed against a benchmark; a quarterly review meeting can also be arranged with your appointed financial adviser if required.
We invest in assets all over the globe. To mitigate risk that could occur in a specific area, our investments are highly diverse.
Clients can choose to purchase their own funds via the investment platform, but these would be placed on an ‘execution-only’ basis as Harrison Brook would not be providing the advice in such an instance.